Over $34.4bn has been released from Australian Superannuation Funds under the COVID-19 early release scheme, the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority revealed. The figures, which do not include self-managed super funds, show the deep impact of the scheme on superannuation balances. 3.3 million initial applications and 1.3 million subsequent applications were received by funds.
The 2020-21 Federal Budget is a road to recovery paved with cash.
Key initiatives include:
• Personal income tax cuts from 1 July 2020
• A $4 billion ‘JobMaker’ Hiring Credit to encourage businesses to take on additional employees aged 16 to 35 years old
• $110 billion in infrastructure investment over 10 years
• Immediate deductions for business investment in capital assets
• Changes to how companies can manage losses
• Access to generous tax concessions for a wider range of businesses