Cash injection for struggling businesses
Western Australia has been hit with compounding issues of border closures, COVID-19 and natural disasters.
The latest grant provides financial assistance of up to $12,500 ($1,130 for each impacted day) to small businesses in the hospitality, music events or arts sectors that were directly financially impacted by the Chief Health Officer’s COVID Restrictions (Directions) from 23 December 2021 to 4 January 2022. Non-employing businesses will receive up to $4,400 ($400 per day).
To be eligible, your business must:
- Be located within the Perth, Rottnest or Peel regions; and
- Have a valid ABN; and
- Have an annual turnover of more than $50,000; and
- Australia wide payroll of less than $4m in 2020-21; and
- Operate in the hospitality sector, the music events industry or the creative and performing arts sectors that were directly impacted by the restrictions; and
- Have experienced a decline in turnover of at least 30% compared to the same period in the prior year (or another comparable period for new businesses).
Applications are open through SmartyGrants.
Do you have a question?
The material and contents provided in this publication are informative in nature only.
It is not intended to be advice and you should not act specifically on the basis of this information alone. If expert assistance is required, professional advice should be obtained.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation